Our self employment service offers support and assistance, advice and information to help visually impaired entrepreneurs set up and develop their businesses across the UK.
We can help people to decide if self-employment is a viable option by offering one-to-one support with the business planning process. We can also provide support for existing businesses who are facing problems.
We can support you to access:
- Training – bookkeeping, marketing, employing people.
- Business plan support – writing a business plan.
- Access to Work funding – equipment, support worker, adaptions.
- Start up funding – for equipment, website, fliers.
- Financial support – income after signing off benefit.
- Retention support – accessing support if you are in business and experiencing sight loss.
Our self employment service can help you start up or develop your business and help you to reach your business potential.
Having supported visually impaired people for over 150 years, Action for Blind People understands how starting a new business is challenging and can affect every aspect of your life. From benefits to child care, computers to transport, our self employment service can support you to identify these challenges and overcome them.
If you have an idea or just want to find out more about the support available to start up a business, contact you local Action team today.
Where to get help
If you need advice about self employment then please contact your local Action team and they will put you in touch with someone who can help.
Frequently asked questions
A range of our most frequently asked questions and how Action's self employment service can help.