We provide training, support and practical advice on all areas of technology enabling individuals to become more independent, access information, support skills development and contribute on equal terms.
Technology can assist visually impaired people of all ages. Making the most of technology can have a very positive impact, helping people who are blind and partially sighted to increase their independence.
Our technology service includes:
- Advice on meeting people’s needs.
- Gaining access to technology.
- Making enhancements so people can use different types of technology more effectively.
- Advice on buying the best computer for your needs.
- Advice on accessing grants for technology.
Our technology services enable people to:
- Use computers and assistive technology to communicate more effectively and to interact with others.
- Access information.
- Become more independent.
- Compete on equal terms.
- Achieve their individual goals.
Where to get help
If you need help and advice or have any questions about technology then contact your local action team to speak to a technology coordinator.
A range of technology resources are also available including types available, standard features and how to select assistive technology.
- Community pages
- Simple gadgets that have rocked my world
- Technology that’s keeping me entertained
- Why the iPhone 3GS made this visually impaired girl happy
- New iPad from Apple launched
- A visually impaired geek finds happiness with a small but perfectly formed Mac Mini