Transitions Coordinator – South London
As a Transitions Co-ordinator for young people, you’ll take on a challenging but immensely rewarding role that’ll see you providing essential practical and emotional support to blind and partially sighted young people aged up to 25. You will develop, provide and promote all aspects of social inclusion in the region, enabling them to take advantage of a full range of life’s activities from infancy through to the transition of adulthood – supporting families with the practical and emotional issues surrounding visual difficulties.
Closing date: 24 May 2013
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 17.5 per week
Salary: £26,640–£30,793 pro-rata
Location: South London
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the development, planning, coordination and delivery of regional activities and events for young people and families.
- Developing young people's peer support and networking opportunities.
- Empowering young people to ensure the services we offer meet their needs.
- Providing families/carers with advice and information and signposting to services.
- Maximising our work with partners.
- Developing, training and managing a network of volunteers to help deliver activities.
- Working with fundraising and communications to develop and promote opportunities in the region.
- Experience in youth work or education.
- An understanding of statutory funding and ability to work within an education provision framework.
- An ability to act as a representative and voice for the young people.
- Knowledge of special needs, disabilities and/or blind and partially sighted young adults.
- A constructive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with both individuals and groups.
- Ability to work irregular hours/weekends as needed.
Action for Blind People is a hugely ambitious national charity, providing expert practical support to blind and partially sighted people. By using our extensive resources and expertise, we're reaching out to even more people and working more effectively than ever.
To apply for a pack, or request alternative formats, please call 020 7832 1686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AB291. Only applications made by form will be considered. No CVs.