Employment Coordinator – Loughborough
As Employment Coordinator, you’ll help blind and partially sighted people to find and keep suitable employment, as you deliver both practical help and vital emotional support.
Your key roles will be vocational guidance, job brokerage, job retention and advice regarding self-employment. A proportion of your time will also be spent providing guidance, assessment and training on assistive technology to blind and partially sighted people, their families and associated organisations to maximise inclusion opportunities for those living with sight loss.
Closing date: 25 June 2013
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £23,440–27,593 per annum
Your role will involve:
- Working with clients to assess their training and development needs, and empowering them to access opportunities.
- Building strong links with employers, and challenging their preconceptions about employing blind and partially sighted people.
- Proactively promoting our services to clients and contacts.
- Maintaining an expert knowledge of training and work opportunities available to our clients locally, regionally and nationally.
- Helping clients with deteriorating sight to keep their jobs, and providing their employers with vital support.
- Advising clients on self-employment and a wide range of related issues.
- Attending meetings with employers and related organisations, sharing your expertise on visual impairment issues.
You will need:
- Experience/knowledge of Job Centre Plus employment contracts.
- Experience of helping disabled and disadvantaged clients to find and sustain employment.
- A track record in assessing needs, managing a diverse caseload and dealing with complex enquiries.
- Impressive networking, relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software with ability to identify and record outcomes on internal and external databases.
- Plenty of initiative.
- Proven ability to manage your own workload and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to travel extensively within the region, some UK travel with occasional overnight stays may also be required.
Action for Blind People is a hugely ambitious national charity, providing expert practical support to blind and partially sighted people. Using our extensive resources and expertise we're reaching out to even more people and working more effectively than ever.
For a pack, or to request alternative formats, please call 020 7832 1686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference AB295.